Info, musings and the frequent personal creations of all things Cake.

Saturday 20 July 2013

Honest Cakes

                                                              Honest Cakes


It's been a while since I've baked due to my GCSE's. (I haven't actually made a cake since Februrary. *gasp-but-keep-reading*) So I've decided that before I create the result's day BBQ cake I believe, thanks to Facebook (Or a particular user on it) is greatly anticipated so the pressure is on, I need to practice a little bit to get back into old habits (Of being a cake-baking-goddess, or as the page suggests, Guru.). 

This is why I have agreed to bake a cake for some lady at my Mum's work who is leaving, which I am expecting to be below my usual standards but oh well, she's just some lady at my Mum's work who is leaving, after-all. 

As I have mentioned in many previous posts, I like to plan my cakes by initially researching designs already out there. When doing so, I found this:


Now, I may not know who's dead to who or who is hoping who fails, and as much as I partly hoped this cake was a joke, I partly hoped it was truthful. 'Happy Birthday' cakes and 'Congratulations' cakes are all well and good, but let's be honest, they're not exactly one of a kind. I'm starting to wonder if perhaps a more honest and far more insulting cake would be a lot more entertaining.

So I did a little research, and came across some others:








From shocking revelations in regards to animal abuse...






















And not so shocking announcements after just a glance at the colour scheme...









                                                                                


Painfully relatable slogans...














Or just painfully honest accusations...


















Yet more revelations...













Or perhaps slightly subtler messages... (But an equally offensive implication..I mean quotation marks? Ouch!)



And even fun and games included!



Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that the idea to put brutally honest messages on cakes in order to prioritize humour over empathy, is a pretty good idea. Unfortunately, all those who've known of it have been disgusting weirdos. (These were the tamest ones.)

I therefore vow to take inspiration from these cake messages and adapt them to be offensive only to the recipient, as I, am a tame weirdo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment