Info, musings and the frequent personal creations of all things Cake.

Sunday 16 December 2012

Fairy Birthday Cake

                                                                    Fairy Birthday Cake



I received this order just after the Arsenal Shirt cake and I have to admit I looked much more forward to doing this. It also gave me a pretty nice break from Christmas cakes and who wouldn't enjoy making a pretty pink birthday cake complete with fondant fairies, flowers, and bumble bees? A classic light white sponge cake with buttercream and jam, pink sugarpaste with piped buttercream and fondant decorations for six year old Zara who I wish a very happy birthday!


I'd also like to reccomend this wonderful invention:

Behold! The grass icing nozzle-it worked a treat:


I have to admit I was pretty proud of the mixture for this cake...




 Just look at those air bubbles!!!

 My friends don't like cakes with jam in. I personally am a traditionalist and therefore commend Zara for having excellent taste. A Victoria sponge with no jam is as pointless as trying to pipe grass without a grass nozzle.


This is one of the first birthday cakes I've made for a party and as much as hope it went down well I hope Zara had a wonderful time and is looking forward to an excellent Christmas Eve Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment