For the truffles:
1 small chocolate sponge cake, slightly under-baked
300g nutella buttercream (Home-made-see previous recipe)
2 tbsp nutella
2 tbsp chocolate spread
150g melted dark chocolate
100g melted milk chocolate
For the chocolate curls:
1 small bar milk chocolate
1 small bar dark chocolate
1 small bar white chocolate
1. If you have a food processor, blend all of the truffle ingredients in it until a smooth paste, add more nutella and spread if the mixture is not moist enough. If you do not, when baking the chocolate sponge cake, tip out of the tin immediately into a bowl after removing from the oven, add all of the other ingredients and mash with a fork until combined and leave to cool. (NEVER refrigerate though, this will dry them out.)
2. Using a teaspoon or cake pop scoop, scoop the mixture into small balls and shape using your hands.
3. To make the chocolate curls; use a potato peeler and start by running along the longest edge of one of your chocolate bars over a bowl. This should shave the chocolate and little curls should come off. Continue to do so until all of the chocolate is used up.
4. Mix all three sets of chocolate curls together (Or leave separate if you'd prefer)
5. Roll the truffles in the curls and serve.
-You could break in some Oreos or other biscuits, chocolate chips, marshmallows, or fudge cubes to make rocky road chocolate truffles.
-Instead of using the curls you could melt more chocolate and simply dip the truffles in these.
-You could stick the truffles on cake pop sticks to use in a fondue.
-Instead of using curls why not try triple chocolate stars/hearts/moons, chocolate strands, or cake crumbs.
-This mixture can also be used for modelling-I use it all the time to model chocolate numbers, for example!
Good luck :)